Sunday, January 30, 2005

Buckwild (WHHAAAAT!!!)

So, last week I'm at the barbershop waitin' to get my hair cut. I sit down in the row of chairs against mthe wall to wait my turn like anyone else. There are chilluns all over the place- well mostly in the back room, but the under-18 population was definitely approaching double figures. Why do I look up at the TV to see Buck Wild, Lil' Jon and the East Side Boyz singing "Get Low" with a bunch of women dancing around in varying degrees of nakedness? Now if you're a grown man and like to see some booties and boobies shakin', that's your business- but the kids, man. The kids. They shouldn't be exposed to stuff like that. Especially with the language and callin' women "b*tches." One of the kids sitting next to me was singing along word for word. Reminds me of the time I saw a toddler (barely) walking down the street, holding the hand of an adult while singing "oh baby I like it raw, yeah baby I like it raaaaw!" Okay, to be honest the baby toddler was kind funny. But still! What kind of values are we teaching the chilluns? I'm not tryin' to hate but somebody's gotta say it. If we don't watch over one another, who will?


1 Comments:

Blogger Oh great One said...

Preach it! I am with you on this one. To many people and parents are not monitoring what their children see and hear. Then my child has to be exposed to the language and behavior of these kids!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home