Friday, January 21, 2005

Inauguration

Thank God it's Friday. Not only is it the weekend, but the inaugural celebrations are over. Did you see Bush's inaugural address? I have to admit I protested by sleeping in, but I did catch the tail end. I did read it though (which you are also welcome to do by clicking the link); I have to say it was mighty idealistic. I went into it looking for something negative to jump on but I found nothing. I almost started to like Bush...almost. But then my senses came back to me and I remembered the false pretense for going to war (not to mention the bait-and-switch reasoning), record deficit, lack of accountability, plans for world domination and overall shadyness.

Of course there were those out there fighting the good fight and holding counter-inaugural events. I wonder how history will record events such as these. Will they be labeled patriotic, un-American, or perhaps just part of a healthy democracy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home