Thursday, March 24, 2005

Why?

Why?

Why is One.Be.Lo so disgutingly ill?

Why?

Why did I just call him "disgustingly ill?" I thought you'd never ask.

I'm not even finished listening to his album yet, but from the first five tracks I knew that this is a must have. I had to post about it.

First: A fairly complex rhyme scheme with a rhythmic flow that speeds up or slows down depending on the nature of the song.

Second: The lyrics deliver a double-shot of intelligence gently topped with chill.

Third: Beats are reminescent of the '90s a la A Tribe Called Quest, Urban Thermo Dynamics, De La Soul- but sound fresher than the bills in Jay-Z's wallet.

Throw all that together plus cuts from classic movies such as The Last Dragon (who's the master?!?!?), and I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, and you have one of the first albums of 2005 that might not leave your rotation for a long, long while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home