Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What Happened?

When I first started this blog, it was like an addiction. I couldn't stay off the internet, couldn't stay away from tweaking the look, adding content that someone somewhere would find and enjoy. Even as I wrote mainly for myself and whatever tired, huddled masses who would listen to voice, I actually had people start to read what I was writing. I'm not talking Google numbers in terms of hits or anything like that, but I had at least gotten past the point where I had to press my parents to read my blog to feel like I was doing more than having a conversation with myself.

But now my posts are few and far between. I rarely even visit my own blog site, except to get to other websites through the links I have over on the right. But even now that has diminished.

Where's my passion? Politics hasn't changed in the past year or so. It's business as usual. Hip Hop and music in general hasn't changed in the past year or so. Two things which captivated my attention, spurring the creation of this blog, no longer hold the same weight they once did.

I'm not checking out AllHipHop.com on daily basis; I'm not even watching C-SPAN on a regular basis anymore- and you KNOW how much I love C-SPAN.

Really, it's a reflection of some other things that are going on with me, things that I don't plan to get into anytime soon- this isn't one of the super-personal blogs where I put all of my business out on the internet for everyone to see.

I can say that staring at my computer screen at work all day doesn't leave my eager to stare at my computer screen at home for several more hours.

God willing the passion will return and I will continue my effort to expand political consciousness through hip hop.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home