Monday, August 15, 2005

Waitin' For the DJ

So I'm trying to become a DJ. I'm starting off slow. Right now I have no mixer, no turntables, no records.

But I have a dream!

I have a dream of rocking parties.

I have a dream of dropping the right beat at the right time to make the crowd live.

DJ equipment is not cheap- it's actually a rather expensive hobby.

The industry standard Technics will run you a few hundred bones.

So my dream is deferred for the moment. I still have to pay rent and a few other bills. I gotta eat, too.

Perhaps I'll take you on my DJ quest with me.

One of the things I like to do is check out Turntable Lab. Usually I just window shop and look at the things I would like to buy if I actually had the money. I also like to check out the snippets they have on the records. Kind of like virtual crate digging, except the Turntable Lab crew makes choice selections so you're not climbing over old school Michael Bolton (although I bet some of his stuff could be sampled pretty nice).

Anybody want to make my wishes come true and bestow upon me some direct drive decks they don't want? I'm not picky, I'll even take Gemini.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home